Wuxi Grand Canal Drama Maker Competition opens
Scan the QR code to participate in the competition. [Photo provided to gowuxi.com]
Writers from around the country are invited to submit their scripts as the 2022 Wuxi Grand Canal Drama Maker Competition opens.
The competition, sponsored by the Wuxi bureau of culture, radio, television and tourism, offers playwrights an opportunity to reach global audiences through stage dramas.
Detailed requirements are as follows. You can also call 0510-81823115 for more information.
All drama colleges, theater troupes, art institutions, and drama enthusiasts across the country are welcome to participate.
(1) Works must comply with national laws and regulations and relevant copyright regulations and have ideological, artistic and ornamental value.
(2) The works should keep in mind that Wuxi Xishuidun Cultural Park and the Wuxi China National Industry and Commerce Museum are the real performance venues and focus on themes such as the Wuxi section of the Grand Canal and national industry and commerce culture.
(3) The works should be dramas, sitcoms, musicals, or dance dramas. The integration of technology, contemporary art, multimedia and other means of expression are encouraged to bring an immersive and interactive experience to the audience.
(4) The works must conform to the theme of the competition using the Chinese language (no dialects in principle). A work must have a complete script structure and be able to be performed within 60 minutes (the standard can be relaxed for those deemed particularly excellent).
3. Submission period
Today until May 30, 2022.
4. Specific arrangements
1. Selection of works. The organizer will invite experts to evaluate the entries and select one first-place prize with a bonus of 20,000 yuan ($3,139.43); two second-place prizes with a bonus of 10,000 yuan each; three third-place prizes with a bonus of 5,000 yuan each; and five finalist awards with a bonus of 2,000 yuan each.
2. Form a team and rehearse. In principle, the first and second-place winners will have their works stage. Contestants can bring their own performance teams, or entrust the organizer to help recruit performance teams and rehearse according to the content of the script. Each team will receive a subsidy of 50,000 yuan (including actors, dancers, costumes, etc). The organizer will also invite professional tutors to provide face-to-face guidance to increase the artistic quality of the works. Teams and members that give outstanding performances will also have the opportunity to sign contracts directly with the organizer.
3. Roadshow PK. Three contestants will give one performance each at both the Wuxi Xishuidun Cultural Park and the Wuxi China National Industry and Commerce Museum. After professional evaluation and audience selection, one best performance award with a bonus of 20,000 yuan, two performance awards with a bonus of 10,000 yuan each, one best stage beauty award, and one best costume award with a bonus of 10,000 yuan will be given.
Note: The number of awards in each link depends on the quality of the works and the opinions of the jury. All subsidies and prizes are pre-tax amounts.